[TheThinkTank] Bike Works Seattle is hiring
steve at bikeworks.org
Thu May 21 12:31:18 PDT 2015
Hello! Bike Works Seattle has three positions posted...
Bike Works is hiring a Development Coordinator!
*Role Overview: *
The Bike Works Development Coordinator aids the Development Director in
sustainable fundraising efforts through donor communications, strategy
development, gift entry and acknowledgment, donor research and relationship
building, data analysis and information management, and creating supporting
materials to achieve the agency’s annual and long-range development and
fundraising goals. This position reports directly to the Development
Director. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong
organizational, time management, fundraising and writing skills, excellent
attention to detail, computer skills (fundraising database experience
preferred), and enthusiasm for working as part of a team.
*Essential Job Functions:*
- Work with Development Director to seek and cultivate contributions
from individuals and companies, including prospect research, cultivation,
building reports and budgets, and developing sponsorship and grant
materials and proposals.
- Process incoming donations, including preparing acknowledgement
letters, donor listings, and other donor recognition activities.
- Drafting high-quality written materials for funders, including grant
proposals, letters, reports, mailings, and acknowledgements required to
support ongoing fundraising activities
- Participate in event planning and implementation, including RSVPs,
securing venues and event services, coordinating invitations and
attendance, securing donations for events and sponsorship for events,
tracking costs and revenue, providing post event evaluation, and developing
procedures for future event planning
- Manage donor and email databases and files to ensure accurate donor
- Support accounting activities such as receiving and copying checks,
making weekly deposits, and matching up accounting and donor records Manage
donor and email databases to ensure accurate donor records.
- Coordinate Bike Works email newsletter, mailing appeals, and other
donor communication and cultivation
- Manage Bike Works’ website and web presence, including web site,
Twitter, Facebook and the Bike Works Blog.
- Manage administrative volunteers.
- Coordinate all aspects of the administrative systems and facilities
operations within the office, including maintaining an organized work
environment, purchasing office equipment and supplies, and responding to
general requests for information.
- Maintain phone and voicemail systems, including answering phones when
- Oversee information systems, including website, computer networks, and
other major office communications systems.
- Work in partnership with Development Director, Executive Director,
Board of Directors, other staff, and Key Stakeholders to contribute to the
organization’s vision, participate in organization-wide programs, and help
create a sustainable organizational culture.
*Qualifications & Experience: *
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years professional work experience; nonprofit experience desirable.
- Familiarity with fundraising strategies
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong writing and editing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office and Windows environment;
proficiency in relational databases or willingness and ability to learn new
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision and also
as part of a team
- Willingness to work outside of office hours on occasion to support
- Discretion in handling confidential material.
- Strong commitment to promoting bicycling, supporting youth and to
advancing social change
- Sense of humor
- Prior development or nonprofit experience and familiarity with
- Familiarity with donor databases, Vertical Response, Excel and Adobe
- Experience with event logistics, planning, and management.
- Some experience with volunteer management and public relations a plus.
Salary range $31,000-$33,000 DOE plus benefits including medical, dental,
vacation, sick leave, and flexible work schedule/environment.
*How to Apply: *
Email your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to
*jobs at bikeworks.org
<jobs at bikeworks.org> *with subject line Development Coordinator*. NO PHONE
CALLS PLEASE. *Position open until filled; *applications received by May 27
will receive priority consideration*.
*People of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Bike Works is an Equal
Opportunity and queer-friendly employer.*
Bike Works is hiring 2 positions in the Recycle &Reuse Department: Bike
Mechanic and Recycling Coordinator
Bike Mechanic and Recycling Assistant
Bike Works, the Seattle bike education and community-focused non-profit, is
hiring for 2 positions in the Recycle & Reuse Department: a full-time (40
hrs/wk) Bike Mechanic and Recycling Coordinator, and a part-time (24
hrs/wk) Bike Mechanic and Recycling Assistant
Both of these positions provide primary support to the Recycle & Reuse
Department in the, procuring, processing, and tracking of all donated
bikes, parts, and accessories for Bike Works as well as refurbishing used
bicycles of all styles and conditions for resale in our Community Bike
Shop. These positions also provide customer service in the Bike Works
Employee Classification: Full-time, non-exempt and Part-Time, non-exempt
Reports to: Recycle & Reuse Director
Primary Recycle & Reuse Dept. Duties
1. Recondition / overhaul used bicycles of all types and conditions for
• Assess bicycles for damage and wear; determine a course of action for
repairs based on parts availability/cost
• Deliver fully-functional, safe, clean and affordable refurbished bicycles
that set our customers up for success
2. Assist in donation receiving and check-in process and daily warehouse
• Assess and sort donated bikes and parts
• Fill out inventory tags for incoming bikes and log bikes into Bike
• Assist in unloading, sorting and documenting bicycles from large donation
• Deliver professional, accessible, and helpful customer service to a
diverse customer base
3. Assist in solicitation and procurement of in-kind donations of bikes and
• Based on organizational needs, work with Recycle & Reuse Director to
solicit in-kind donations
• Based on needs and donation pick-up criteria, perform donation pick-ups
• Assist in generating ideas for improvement in procurement of in-kind
4. Supervise Volunteers
• Train and orient volunteers to warehouse space
• Help find tasks for volunteers that fit skill-level and encourage growth
as a mechanic
• Check all volunteer labor
5. Support daily Bike Shop operations
• Assist in transporting bicycle donations from the Shop to the Warehouse
• Assist in maintaining a clean and organized work environment in the
warehouse, shop, and other shared spaces
• Represent Bike Works to the neighborhood & act as a resource for the
• Articulate the organization’s mission and operations (both shop and
programs) to our community
• Maintain a welcoming, accessible, and respectful environment for all
customers and youth in the warehouse and shop
• When needed, support bike shop with professional customer service and
quality bike repair
6. Participate in agency-wide events, meetings and staff development
• Attend staff-wide and departmental meetings and trainings as scheduled
• Attend our Annual Fundraising Auction and participate in other
*Required Qualifications and Desired Skills*
• Knowledge of bike mechanics is required; mechanical experience in bike
shop is preferred
• Strong foundation of knowledge of bicycles, bike parts, accessories, and
apparel is required;
• Ability to work professionally and efficiently in a fast-paced
• Retail experience with strong customer service and communication skills
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, required
• Proficiency with technology including point of sale software, online
ordering platforms, Microsoft Office applications, social media, and
• Hard-working, optimistic and enthusiastic demeanor
• Ability to work well independently, as well as a collaboratively.
• Valid WA State Driver’s license (and clean driving record) preferred
• Experience with, and understanding of, the diverse communities that Bike
• Commitment to environmental stewardship, social justice, and youth
• Passion for the mission and goals of Bike Works
*Job Location & Schedule*
• Typical hours for this position are 10am to 6pm, or 9am-5pm, and will
include weekends. This job is based in our warehouse and classroom building
at 3715 S Hudson St., Seattle, WA 98118. Occasional evening events will be
• $14.00 — $15.00 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications,
*How To Apply*
To apply for either position, please submit a resume and cover letter,
including names, email addresses and phone numbers of three professional
references to danny at bikeworks.org. Applications received by June 2nd, 2015
will receive priority consideration.
*Conditions of Employment*
Bike Works is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a
diverse and talented staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in
furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and
embraces diversity, Bike Works does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital
status. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Shop & Operations Director
Bike Works <http://www.bikeworks.org>
3709 S Ferdinand St.
Seattle, WA 98118
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Thethinktank