[TheThinkTank] Insurance for bike collective

joshua mcdermott jmcdermott at usfca.edu
Wed May 20 19:02:34 PDT 2015

by fiscal agent do you mean you have a fiscal sponsor (NPO)?  You might
want to check with them and see if you can be added to their policy
since you are not formally organized.  Usually adding square feet to an
existing policy does not hike the price much: even double the footage
may only mean a 10 or 20% price increase.  If the free space you have is
part of a larger collective etc.. you can also check with them.  For
example, our community wood shop made a deal with the adjacent metal
shop to be added to their insurance  (same building)- sharing the cost
of a single insurance was much less than two separate policies covering
the same areas.

--
Joshua McDermott
Performing Arts and Social Justice