[TheThinkTank] how do you track shop activity?

rachael spiewak rachael at sopobikes.org
Mon Oct 1 11:06:31 PDT 2007

Hello, friends.

We've created a shop sign in sheet, which is great for capturing some
numbers, like how many people come through the shop during a particular
session, how many were volunteers, how many were kids, etc.  What I'm having
trouble tracking is the number of unique people accessing the shop over a
period of time.  In other words, I don't know how to factor out repeat
participants when I start adding up numbers from session to session.  Has
anyone developed a good system for tracking shop activity?  What kind of
information do you ask for on your sign in sheet?  Do you have another
system, like tagging the bikes and having tags collected when people
complete their projects?

Thanks!
rachael