[TheThinkTank] how do you track shop activity?

Mario Bruzzone mario.bruzzone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:01:39 PDT 2007

Hi Rachel--

At the Bike Kitchen in SF, we've started experimenting with a computer-based
log-in system. It's basically a web-based database program, and it lets us
track earn-a-bike hours, volunteer hours, how often each person uses the
shop, etc. All data is optional for everyone who comes in for a day, so that
(hopefully) no one will be intimidated by the computer.

The basic procedure is that someone comes in for the day, and a greeter
signs them in. We take name and zip codes for non-members; members show up
as members and are waived through.

I'm just a user of the system, but I know the model was to have it be
open-sourced and available for other shops when it's ready for bigger
deployment. I can put you in touch with people who know more if you (or
anyone else) is interested in learning more.

Cheers,
Mario Bruzzone

Bike Kitchen (SF)