[TheThinkTank] Content Management Systems

Andrew Bushaw plan_9 at riseup.net
Wed Oct 10 12:03:42 PDT 2007

We have been using pbwiki.com (a free wiki, one login) for our
organizing but are starting to feel the need for a tiered access
control as well as for an actual website to send the public to. We
have been contemplating getting a content management system such as
"drupal" to serve both functions. I think the SLBC uses a similar CMS
for their website and maybe others do to. How well does it work? Do
regular folks have a difficult time using it? our ideal: public web
page w/ donation links, a login page with a volunteer only section,
then a section for core members only where we would keep fundraising
info. Would like it to be easy to edit, with a wiki-like interface,
preferably wysiwyg editors. Thanks, Andrew