[TheThinkTank] selling bikes

Bobby Reginelli breginelli at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 10:26:49 PDT 2007

In most industries, the standard markup at retail is 50% or higher above
your cost. Factor in buying the bike, and all the money you put towards
it. Most retail stores actually mark up things 100% minimu  and this
goes for everything from clothing to shampoo to booze. Don't short
yourself just cause you're an alternative. Of course you'll have some
cheapo stuff, but if you've got real nice older bikes, get an idea of
what they're worth via bike chatrooms, forums, craigslist, ebay and the
like and then do your thing. You should research what a bike's approx
worth is before spending money on the upgrades so you'll know if
upgrading is worth it or not. Many bikes are probably worth their cash
simply put together, let the customer pay for the upgrades.

Just my 3 cents

--
Ciao

Bobby Reginelli