[TheThinkTank] do you have an internship program? details please!

rachael spiewak rachael at sopobikes.org
Wed Oct 31 06:45:46 PDT 2007

Hi, friends.

Sopo just got its first intern, an 11th grader with an anti-authoritarian
outlook who's ready to learn how to alter power structures (his words, I
swear!).  We're all kinds of thrilled about creating a radical internship
program for him, and we want him to get the most out of the experience.  I'm
working on the structure end of things.  His school didn't supply us with
any parameters (the idea is to spend time at some nonprofit of your choice
and write a few review papers).  I'm wondering:

   - if you offer internships at your shop, what kind of structure do you
   use?
   - if you have experience with radical internships, can you share a
   little bit about that with us?

Thanks!
rachael