[TheThinkTank] Valet Bike Parking

eric russelle lrcoop at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 04:38:11 PST 2008

We've recently started advocating for bicycle parking at events and festivals around town. we outline plans that don't require them to need more paid staff and/or volunteers, usually it is linked with their ticket or entrance areas.

Our bike coop is a program of a larger nonprofit called the Arkansas Sustainability NEtwork. We hold an annual green expo in which we offer bike valet. In past years we also offer free admission if you ride your bike. The parking is always inside of the event, within eye range of the owner. The Valet Parking is not only convenient, but draws  more bikers to the event.

And, people just LOooooove to think their bikes have superiority over cars. which they do.

danielle
ReCycles bike CoOp
Little Rock, AR

Jonathan Morrison <jonathan at slcbikecollective.org> wrote: Does anyone else do it?