[TheThinkTank] Need help with outdoor bike racks

kyle mckinley bicirider at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 08:38:30 PST 2008

Jonathan and all-BICAS has been building custom sculpture/bike racks out of
old bikes/parts/scrap metal for many years. Now they are a point of pride
for small businesses all over Tucson, and get a lot of great publicity for
BICAS. They are pretty simple to build with a welder and a chop saw/grinder,
'cuz they look awesome no matter what, and can be a solid supplementary
income for any bike project that has the facilities/inclination (those
prefab ones, though slick looking, are kinda pricey). Lastly, it is a good
destination for some of that stuff that just can't be useful as a rolling
machine any longer. I'll try to send photos to the wiki soon.
Thanks for the post/ wiki Jonathan; good idea.
-kyle