[TheThinkTank] People interested in New Hampshire collective - BikeBike NE?

andrew L. anyone at breathingplanet.net
Mon Jul 21 21:50:27 PDT 2008

I would love to be at BikeBike this year personally (and collectively) -
was there last year and it was amazingly inspiring and useful! - but SF
is not seeming like a reality for us (Troy Bike Rescue - Troy, NY) and
September is creeping up quickly.

I know there is a Southeast BikeBike in the works for January and I
wonder if spring time should not bring a Northeast version ??

I still think an annual national conference is important, but regional
meetups could be more bike-to-able destinations that more collective
members and volunteers could more easily attend.

just throwing this idea out, and could have missed a previous discussion
on the matter, but would love to hear thoughts.

Andrew Lynn
http://troybikerescue.org

veganboyjosh at gmail.com wrote:
> eric,
>
> i highly suggest one or both of you come to bikebike! this year.  it's
> motivating, inspiring, informative, and just all around awesome. you'll
> meet like minded folks who are in all stages of forming/running
> collectives, and you'll pick up invaluable contacts and awesome friends.
>
> check out www.bikebike.org <http://www.bikebike.org> if you haven't already.
>
> josh.
> community cycles, boulder.
>
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Colleen Mahoney <mahoneco at earthlink.net
> <mailto:mahoneco at earthlink.net>> wrote:
>
>     I'm looking for people interested in forming a New Hampshire bike
>     collective, in the greater Manchester area. The idea is nascent but
>     the need is there. To the best of my knowledge to closest bike
>     collectives are in Boston but there is a lot of potential to start
>     something both good and fun here. Drop a line to the ThinkTank if
>     interested. There is currently no specific time frame and I'm more
>     interested in substance than speed.
>
>     Looking forward to hearing from ... well ... anyone.
>
>     Eric Baxter
>

>     Colleen & Eric Baxter
>     mahoneco at earthlink.net <mailto:mahoneco at earthlink.net>

andrew lynn  |  media worker  |  518-573-7947