[TheThinkTank] BICAS is hiring for three positions in Tucson, AZ

Erik Ryberg ryberg at seanet.com
Mon Feb 2 12:39:51 PST 2009

Hello all,

BICAS is hiring for three positions: an administrative coordinator,
education coordinator, and shop coordinator.  The job descriptions are
below.  Please feel free to distribute this widely!

For those of you who have never heard of BICAS, we are Tucson's Bicycle
Inter-City Arts and Salvage, or maybe Bicycle Inter-City Action and
Salvage, depending who you ask.  We have been promoting bicycling, DIY
bicycle repair, and art for all people for nearly two decades.  We are a
non-profit organization with a small, active board and a staff of about
ten people.  We do a lot of awesome things, but community-tools, art,
and education are our biggest programs.  Come check us out in person in
Tucson or on the web at www.bicas.org.

Thank you.

--------------------------

ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR

BICAS, a non-profit bike recycling, education, and art collective, is
hiring an administrative coordinator in our lively Tucson, Arizona shop.
  The position entails overseeing the finer points of keeping our
organization running smoothly as well as more ambitious projects that
you will develop with staff support.  It will include office management
duties, such as filing taxes, managing payroll and basic accounting, as
well as the more interesting tasks of promoting what we do and growing
our organization in a healthful and fun fashion.  We anticipate this to
be a 3/4 to full-time position.  Salary will depend on experience.
Spanish speakers are especially encouraged to apply. For more
information about BICAS, see www.bicas.org or even better, come visit
the shop.

BICAS is an equal opportunity employer.  This position is open until
filled.  Please direct inquiries and applications to board at bicas.org,
with the words "administrative coordinator" in the subject heading. To
apply send us a cover letter and resume along with whatever else you
feel we need to have. No phone calls.

--------------------------

EDUCATION COORDINATOR

BICAS, a non-profit bike recycling, education, and art collective, is
hiring an education coordinator in our lively Tucson, Arizona shop.  The
position entails overseeing our robust education program which is geared
toward youth, refugees, under-served communities, and the public at
large.  We currently have several educational programs including an
eight-week build-a-bike course, but are looking to build this part of
what we do even more.  The job will include all aspects of running and
promoting these programs, as well as teaching the classes with staff
support.  We anticipate this to be a 1/2 to 3/4-time position.  Salary
will depend on experience.  Spanish speakers are especially encouraged
to apply. For more information about BICAS, see www.bicas.org, or even
better, come visit the shop.

BICAS is an equal opportunity employer.  This position is open until
filled.  Please direct inquiries and applications to board at bicas.org,
with the words "education coordinator" in the subject heading.  To apply
send us a cover letter and resume along with whatever else you feel we
need to have. No phone calls.

----------------------------------

SHOP COORDINATOR

BICAS, a non-profit bike recycling, education, and art collective, is
hiring a shop coordinator in our lively Tucson, Arizona shop.  The
position entails overseeing our robust community tools program, which
caters to all members of the public with a focus on youth and
under-served communities.  The community tools aspect of our shop is
probably the most utilized and most hectic thing that we do, and we are
excited about the possibilities of serving our communities even better
than we do now.  The job will include all aspects of running and
promoting the community tools program, with considerable staff support.
Applicants should be ready to work in a somewhat frenzied environment
and should have a strong work ethic, a strong commitment to this
program, and a subtle, unoffensive leadership style.  We anticipate this
to be a 1/2 to full-time position.  The applicant should have a strong
imagination for improving our ability to serve our communities.  Salary
will depend on experience.  Spanish speakers are especially encouraged
to apply. For more information about BICAS, see www.bicas.org, or even
better, come visit the shop.

BICAS is an equal opportunity employer.  This position is open until
filled.  Please direct inquiries and applications to board at bicas.org,
with the words "shop coordinator" in the subject heading. To apply send

--
Erik B. Ryberg
Attorney at Law