[TheThinkTank] glueing inner tubes together?

Edward France edfrance at bicicentro.org
Fri Feb 6 14:49:23 PST 2009

List-       Based on my limited patch experimental experience, I don't think
you should used adhesive but instead, as with James' example of the dress,
sew them.

I tried to use old tubes as patches themselves, but it wouldn't work. so I
imagine that a softer material (i.e. the patch) is needed. I would also look
to all the other bike products out in the market to see if indeed I am wrong
and some manufacturers have bonded tubes to make larger sheets of tubes.

I reccomend sewing and using some glue/chemical to make the seams
waterproof.

-Ed
SB

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:53 PM, james blesdoe <jamesbleds0e at yahoo.com>wrote:

> So what is wrong with patching glue?
> you can buy it in haft pint and pint jars
> or even larger amounts if you (forgive me) go to an auto tire repair supply
> outfits.
> at the kitchen we  have a quart can of Camel brand tube patch cleaner stuff
> that is used in place of sanding  This stuff is nasty chemical terror but
> would be most effective for the sort of thing your talking about .
>
> On another note (it wont be water proof) but I once saw a dress made of
> inertubes,  it was sewn  with the tubes running parallel  this might work
> for the rugged part with fat tubes splaied and glued on for the water
> seal.
>
>  Jim

Ed France
Bici Centro
601 E. Montecito St.
Santa Barbara, Ca 93103
310 936 0857
Bici Centro is a project of the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition