[TheThinkTank] BICAS is hiring for three positions in Tucson, AZ

bike talk livebiketalk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 19:33:37 PST 2009

want to talk about your programs and everything you do on the next bike
talk? Saturday, Feb 7, 10am-noon on killradio.org (213) 252-0998 the day of
the show, or (310) 428-4222 (my cell).
Nick

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Erik Ryberg <ryberg at seanet.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> BICAS is hiring for three positions: an administrative coordinator,
> education coordinator, and shop coordinator.  The job descriptions are
> below.  Please feel free to distribute this widely!
>
> For those of you who have never heard of BICAS, we are Tucson's Bicycle
> Inter-City Arts and Salvage, or maybe Bicycle Inter-City Action and Salvage,
> depending who you ask.  We have been promoting bicycling, DIY bicycle
> repair, and art for all people for nearly two decades.  We are a non-profit
> organization with a small, active board and a staff of about ten people.  We
> do a lot of awesome things, but community-tools, art, and education are our
> biggest programs.  Come check us out in person in Tucson or on the web at
> www.bicas.org.
>
> Thank you.
>

> --------------------------
>
> ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
>
> BICAS, a non-profit bike recycling, education, and art collective, is
> hiring an administrative coordinator in our lively Tucson, Arizona shop.
>  The position entails overseeing the finer points of keeping our
> organization running smoothly as well as more ambitious projects that you
> will develop with staff support.  It will include office management duties,
> such as filing taxes, managing payroll and basic accounting, as well as the
> more interesting tasks of promoting what we do and growing our organization
> in a healthful and fun fashion.  We anticipate this to be a 3/4 to full-time
> position.  Salary will depend on experience. Spanish speakers are especially
> encouraged to apply. For more information about BICAS, see www.bicas.orgor even better, come visit the shop.
>
> BICAS is an equal opportunity employer.  This position is open until
> filled.  Please direct inquiries and applications to board at bicas.org, with
> the words "administrative coordinator" in the subject heading. To apply send
> us a cover letter and resume along with whatever else you feel we need to
> have. No phone calls.
>

> --------------------------
>
> EDUCATION COORDINATOR
>
> BICAS, a non-profit bike recycling, education, and art collective, is
> hiring an education coordinator in our lively Tucson, Arizona shop.  The
> position entails overseeing our robust education program which is geared
> toward youth, refugees, under-served communities, and the public at large.
>  We currently have several educational programs including an eight-week
> build-a-bike course, but are looking to build this part of what we do even
> more.  The job will include all aspects of running and promoting these
> programs, as well as teaching the classes with staff support.  We anticipate
> this to be a 1/2 to 3/4-time position.  Salary will depend on experience.
>  Spanish speakers are especially encouraged to apply. For more information
> about BICAS, see www.bicas.org, or even better, come visit the shop.

> [...]

please let me know if you want to be taken off this list. See Bike Talk! on
kpfk: http://www.kpfk.org/programs/170-bike-talk.html