[TheThinkTank] glueing inner tubes together?

winter.snowy.rose at gmail.com winter.snowy.rose at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:58:43 PST 2009

I sew tubes. A word or caution! our shop has found that many domestic sewing machines are unable to do the job. The rubber catches in the feed dogs. Some people use waxed paper and then cut it out afterwards.
I am able, somehow, to sew the tubes without this happening -on the whole. If I go for too much fine precision, it becomes a problem.
It does tend to cause bad tension, though, and is not the neatest sewing job.
I actually find that the talc is beneficial as it allows for some of the friction to be reduced between the tune and feed dogs.