[TheThinkTank] insurance for mechanical work outside the shop?

jonny b jbarr599 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 14:45:28 PST 2009

We pay an extra $50 or so annually to be covered even if off the registered
location.  Call up your insurance company.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:42 PM, <veganboyjosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> howdy all.
>
> hope the winter season is treating you all well.
>
> we at community cycles in boulder are planning a series of what we've
> dubbed "rolling bike clinics", where we ride to a neighborhood park on a
> saturday, set up some stands, and start working on bikes, at no charge. kids
> generally play a big part in getting the word out and bringing bikes, and
> it's a great way to meet folks you might not have, and get the name of your
> organization out, as well as what you do, who you are,  etc.
>
> we've done a few of these in the past, in one neighborhood specifically.
> it's a neighborhood in which we have another established program, so we know
> a lot of the youth that live there already, and when they see us, they come
> running.
>
> we're wondering if insurance should be a source of concern for us. if we
> work on a bike, and a kid's riding it and gets hurt, could we be liable?
> that kind of situation. i'm not naive enough to expect full on legal advice
> from any of you, but if anyone has any experience with a similar situation,
> i'd appreciate hearing about it.
>
> thanks!
>
> josh.

Jonny
The Good Life Community Bike Shop / Enviros Wilderness School Association
Founder, Lover / Youth & Family Support Worker
403.619.2648

When the situation is desperate, it is too late to be serious. Be playful.

-- Edward Abbey