[TheThinkTank] Recession Chic

james blesdoe jamesbleds0e at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 11:23:07 PST 2009

Good point Wilbur,

--- On Tue, 2/24/09, Wilbur Ince <wilbur at wilbur.us> wrote:

From: Wilbur Ince <wilbur at wilbur.us>
Subject: Re: [TheThinkTank] Recession Chic
To: "The Think Tank" <thethinktank at bikecollectives.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 9:33 AM

You have an opportunity to engage with a real human being.  He is looking to understand the world he lives in.  This is where bicycle evangelism starts, and where communal understanding grows.  You have something to learn from this person, go find out what it is.

Is he wrong for being the product of his society?  Are you better/smarter/wiser because you have had a different experience on this planet?

Wilbur

james blesdoe wrote:

How many bikes can you make from a hummer
I hope this Comm major is enlightened in this interaction.

but

on the other hand does it mater how we get them out of the car and on to the bike
a good deal of the lemmings in cars didn't make the choice to drive
from their point of view they had no options cars were just what people do to
survive.  The times are only going to make it harder for us and better in the long run
for our movement.  In Los Angeles  " fixed gear hipsters" are every where or so i am told
when i see someone on a bike, fixed or not, i see one less car.

If it becomes chic to use bicycles  we win!
If style mavens every where identify with bicycles  we win!

still
I would be inclined not to be interviewed by this guy
we have a long way to go.

Jim