[TheThinkTank] lending library

veganboyjosh at gmail.com veganboyjosh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 03:02:06 PST 2009

Great idea. I'm very interested to see the responses.

As for magazines, we put the word out about a year ago that we were taking
magazines. I had some ideas about the Youth program using them to make
visual aids like posters and flyers, but that never happened due to one
reason or another. As a result, we now have about 3 or 4 shelves worth of
bike magazines that are not organized and tend to flop all over and slide
off the shelf.

There's some good info in there, along with a bunch of ads, tho, so i'm
hesitant to throw them out. I've been trying to thinkof a constructive way
to use them. I'm thinking that having a volunteer/youth/Earn-a-Bike student
go thru and cut/tear out the useful information about
mechanics/riding/training is the way to go. once we have the ads removed,
and the info pared down to a reasonable stack of pages, then we can go to
work putting it all together in some kind of 3 ring binder format, maybe
sorted and organized by subject, that makes it more useful than a shelf full
of old magazines.