[TheThinkTank] Policy or Process for Removing Collective Members

Macho Philipovich macho at resist.ca
Fri Mar 20 22:12:50 PDT 2009

maybe i'm misunderstanding the situation, but if people aren't following
through on the tasks they commit to, couldn't they just be approached to
see why, and to see if something could be arranged that works better for
them?  you could also let them know in as non-guilt-tripping a way as
possible that the collective is really counting on them, and that if
they're too busy or just feel like shirking it would really benefit the
shop for them to let someone else step in who's able to commit.

the only rule we have that gets you an immediate boot at our shop is
physically violent behaviour.  even for stuff like fucked up
racist/classist/sexist shit, we try our best to work it out by
communicating, so i'm not sure i see the need for booting someone just
for being a flake.

macho