[TheThinkTank] Serving disabled populations in your shops/orgs?

thomas cannady thomascannady at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 06:50:56 PST 2009

Adam,

I am pleased to see this discussion occur. It is important that we look at
expanding our outreach to any and all populations within society. I believe
a collaboration may be in order, some sort of partnership maybe an LLC that
allows the development of bikes for children that take into account their
physical and geographical limitations.

It is my belief that the Obama budget will have an increase for the Small
Business Administration and there are now monies/funds for businesses to be
developed for and by non-traditional populations (non-traditional
populations my wording, not the governments). The Veterans Administration
budget proposal includes funding for businesses, including non-profits that
are developed for or by veterans or their family members under its small
business development section. We should have an idea within sixty days of
what funds will be available for business start ups from government sources.

We should consider putting these ideas into some sort of proposal and shop
it around for funding from private and public sources. Their appears to be a
consensus forming in the business community for an upgrade to the funding
sources for business start ups if we are to overcome the current financial
situation.

Thanks for the information, we should discuss this further.

Thomas Cannady
Executive Director
Engaged Community Offshoots, Inc.

Thomas Cannady