[TheThinkTank] Expensive bikes in your shop.

allison karow bike.saviours at gmail.com
Sun May 23 11:22:25 PDT 2010

we have had this happen a few times.

the first time, we did a raffle and sold tickets for five dollars. it was a
pair of bikes and we ended up pulling in around $350 for them. people were
allowed to buy more than one raffle ticket, and we advertised for it and
raffled them off at a picnic. it was a fair way to offer people a chance at
getting one of the bikes without having to have a lot of money.

the second time, we decided to do a silent auction. we keep an auction sheet
at the front desk and anyone can bid on it until the auction ends. our first
auction is underway right now so i can't tell you how it went, but i will in
a few weeks! we started the bid sheets on two bikes at $100 and another at
$50.