[TheThinkTank] Bicycle Times Magazine Article on Community Bike Shops

Angel York aniola at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:03:07 PDT 2011

Amanda,

I have been working on the map at
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=215640192972316876618.0004a00c0210cf27fd36f&z=0
a lot lately, and in doing so, I have visited a lot of websites.
There is a list of more than a hundred community bike shops at
http://www.bikecollectives.org/wiki/index.php?title=Community_Bicycle_Organizations
and you can follow any of the links to those organizations - most of
them describe what they think their community bike shop is about
somewhere in their website.  Just thought I'd offer that as a more
comprehensive resource than this straw poll, which probably also has a
lot of thoughtful commentary.

At the top of the second link is the wiki's definition of what it
means to be a community bike shop (anyone can edit!).

I'll happily answer your list of questions.

Angel