[TheThinkTank] Turning down rust bucket B.S.O's as donations

Brian (SLO Bike Kitchen) brian at slobikekitchen.org
Mon Jul 18 13:48:43 PDT 2011

We have a very limited size space, so usually just explain that we
simply don't have space, blah blah, <insert comment about the sheer
number of mountain bikes we get>.  People often ask if they can bring
us stuff, and often we are able to explain that we'd prefer to be a
little selective about what we take - they are usually understanding.
You can offer suggestions on where they can take the bike if you don't
want it.

We're a little more sensitive to the situation when someone has
clearly gone out of their way to deliver it to us.  Then we might give
it away, strip it, sell it for $10 as-is, etc...

Brian
SLO Bike Kitchen
San Luis Obispo, CA
www.slobikekitchen.org