[TheThinkTank] Fwd: Shop Closed

Jonathan Morrison jonathan at slcbikecollective.org
Mon May 9 12:48:59 PDT 2011

Something to smile and cry about...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Morrison <jonathan at slcbikecollective.org>
Date: Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: Shop Closed
To: SLC Bicycle Collective <community at slcbikecollective.org>

We were waiting to secure the building before we announced why...
http://www.slcbikecollective.org/en/component/content/article/1/337-collective-closed

We aren't sure why the car attacked the Collective.  Perhaps they just came
from filling up at a gas station or found out they failed a basic annual
physical exam?  Maybe they were in the midst of a pollution fueled coughing
fit when they mistook our community bike shop for a drive-through.  Even
picking up the rubble of the building, we have to chuckle at the irony of
the situation.  Yet, regardless of the reason, we are just glad that no
people or bikes were hurt in the crash -- only one less car.

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Morrison
Executive Director
Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective
2312 S. West Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
w: 801-328-2453
c: 801-688-0183
f: 801-466-3856
www.slcbikecollective.org

The mission of the Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective is to promote cycling
as an effective and sustainable form of transportation and as a cornerstone
of a cleaner, healthier, and safer society. The Bicycle Collective provides
refurbished bicycles and educational programs to the community, focusing on
children and lower income households.