[TheThinkTank] Launching new Co-Op in St Pete, FL

Chris Kelly cpeterkelly at gmail.com
Mon May 23 06:40:40 PDT 2011

Greetings from sunny St Petersburg, Florida, where we're hard at work
hatching a Co-Op under the umbrella of the St Petersburg Shuffleboard Club.
The Club sits in a historic landmark recreation complex downtown, owned by
the City. One of the buildings located on that property, the Cue House, is
being fitted out this month for a (hopefully) June opening.

We're on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/pages/St-Pete-Bike-Co-Op/203048216389591>here:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/St-Pete-Bike-Co-Op/203048216389591
but figure website can wait.  The goal is to get wrenches turning as soon as
possible.

If list members are inclined, the following info would be very helpful and
much appreciated:

   - What is your organization's solution for Membership/Utilization
   recordkeeping, database, etc...?

   - What surplus tools might you have?  We're willing to pay for shipping
   on donations, and will purchase used tools offered at decent prices.

   - and finally:  What do you wish someone had told you when you were at
   the 'launch' stage we currently find ourselves?

St Pete is a largely flat town, bathed in sunlight for more days of the year
than most of the US, and has recently implemented millions of dollars worth
of designated trail, lane, path and other
infrastructure<http://www.stpete.org/bicycle/>.
As the community responds to that investment/invitation, we hope to help
keep them safely moving...

Excited at the possibilities, delighted with the community response thus far
and thanking you for your kind response,
I remain, yours,

Chris Kelly
CPeterKelly at Gmail.com