[TheThinkTank] Please help if you can.

Plan B nolabikeproject at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 09:55:46 PDT 2012

Okay y'all, here's the deal.

http://outdoors.maker.good.is/projects/bikeproject

We're in the running for a $5,000 vote based grant. If we get it, we're
giving away 100 re-cycled bikes along with lights, patch kits, and a
basic maintenance class. We're teaming up with our local advocacy group
( www.bikeasy.org )for the selection process to make sure it goes to the
needy and underserved of New Orleans. We have been fluctuating between
#1 and #4 out of 115 entries. The grant is supposed to be for "Social
justice in the outdoors". Not to shit talk, but currently in first place
is "The Epitome Project", which is noble, BUT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE
OUTDOORS. I really don't mind if the garden project or the rock climbing
project win, but the fact that project to fund musicians on the other
side of the planet is in a dead heat with projects that do work with
much larger local impact (and actually fit the grant competition
category) is a little bothersome.

Could you vote for us (or whoever you think will do the most good with
the money?) The easiest way is with facebook. Doing it with email is
fine too, but you have to confirm your vote afterwards.

Here's the link again. http://outdoors.maker.good.is/projects/bikeproject

Their website can be a little sluggish at times. Please be patient.

Also, if you could spread the word, I'd really, really love y'all for
it! Just cut and paste on your Facebook platform!

See you at BikeBikeX in New Orleans 2013!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for reading this!!!!
<http://outdoors.maker.good.is/projects/bikeproject>

--
Victor Pizarro