[TheThinkTank] What do you do with your dirty rags?

dontito at videotron.ca dontito at videotron.ca
Fri Oct 9 12:10:05 PDT 2015

We’re looking into the disposal problem for oily and greasy rags generated in bike shops.
1.     I’d like to get an idea of the amount of this waste generated in different shops as a function of shop activity.

2.    Where do your dirty rags go?

3.    Some shops use commercial services that supply clean rags and collect and clean them after they’ve been used.   If you’re familiar with this kind of service do you know the cost? Do you know what sort of cleaning treatment they use and what happens to that effluent?

4.    Anybody found creative ways to detoxify this shop waste?

Thanks!

Donnie

SantroVélo, Montréal