[TheThinkTank] What do you do with your dirty rags?

Angel York aniola at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 17:04:23 PDT 2015

I like that framework for thinking about how to deal with rags, Jonathan!

If I understand what you're saying correctly, your collective may be
breaking a law:

Exempt generators cannot dispose of their hazardous waste in storm drains,
landfills and dumpsters. Federal, state and local laws prohibit these
actions since it may cause environmental and public health problems. The
landfills in Salt Lake County are prohibited from accepting hazardous or
liquid waste. Violators of these laws can face both civil and criminal
penalties.
Fortunately, it looks like there's a program for you!
http://slcohealth.org/programs/waterQualHazWaste/solidHazWaste/householdHazWaste/businessWaste.html