[TheThinkTank] Bike Works in Seattle is hiring a Program Coordinator

Deb Salls deb at bikeworks.org
Wed Aug 31 18:05:03 PDT 2016

Hi all

We are hiring- please pass this on to anyone you think might be interested!!

Deb

PROGRAM COORDINATOR

Full-Time

Organizational Overview:

Bike Works, based in Seattle, builds sustainable communities by educating
youth and promoting bicycling. Bike Works has been working for people,
biking, and community in Seattle since 1996. Our programs and services
invest in people and encourage bicycling as a clean and healthy
transportation alternative. Last year over 2,000 youth and adults
participated in our programs and gained the skills and resources they need
to translate lessons about cycling into their own lives, helping them to
make healthier decisions about their futures. We also redistribute over
6,000 used bicycles annually to youth and adults in Seattle through our
programs,    internationally through our partners and through our community
bike shop. We value and seek diverse team members who are passionate,
innovative, collaborative, professional, fun, responsible and
solutions-oriented.

Role Overview:

The Bike Works Program Coordinator works with the Program Department to
deliver various operations of youth and adult programs and works closely
with the program staff in teaching bike repair classes and performing all
needed mechanic work associated with these classes.  This is an excellent
opportunity for a bike mechanic with youth and adult mentoring/teaching and
development experience and enthusiasm for working as part of a team. This
position is a full-time position that requires evening and weekend work.

Essential Job Functions:

.         Works alone, or in tandem with other program staff, to run
community programs; including bike repair classes, bike riding clubs, bike
giveaways, bike summer camps, BikeMobile services, and partnerships.

.         Coordinates bike mechanic work related to all programs; fixes and
safety checks bikes for programming.

.         Maintains all classroom environments; cleans all spaces weekly.

.         Coordinates bike storage and bike needs for various parts of the
organization.

.         Participates in agency-wide planning and staff development
processes.

Qualifications & Experience:

-  Excellent bike mechanic skills; prior experience as a bicycle mechanic in
a shop setting is required for this position.

-  Ability to teach in an engaging and yet, challenging manner; prior
experience teaching is preferred.

-  Commitment to leadership, sustainable communities and using bicycles as a
form of transportation.

-  Willingness and ability to work with people from a variety of racial,
cultural, religious and economic backgrounds, with various lifestyles,
sexual orientations, gender orientations and political beliefs, and people
of all ages.

-  Daily bike rider; experienced bike tourer preferred.

-  Commitment to social justice and awareness of privilege.

-  Ability to work as part of a team.

-  Desire to serve hands-on and in a classroom, bike warehouse, and office.

-  Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks.

-  Self-starter/strong self-initiative; able to lead projects independently.

-  Growth mindset for others and for oneself.

-  Energetic, flexible, personable, and a sense of humor.

-  Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.

-  Capacity to work on a computer and complete paperwork and database work
as needed.

-  Ability to manage time effectively.

-  Dedicated/hard worker.

-  Driver's license and ability to pass a driving record check and drive
large vehicles.

-  Ability to work evenings and weekends is required for this position.

-  Good risk management skills - current CPR and/or Wilderness First Aid
certification recommended - ability to become certified required.

Compensation:   $31,000-$33,000 DOE plus benefits including medical, dental,
vacation, sick leave, and flexible work schedule/environment.

How to Apply:

Please visit our website at www.bikeworks.org for more information about
Bike Works.

Email your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three
references to programs at bikeworks.org.

NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.

Applications accepted until Friday September 23rd at 5pm.

Ideal start date is October 31st for this position.

People of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Bike Works is an Equal
Opportunity and queer-friendly employer.

Deb Salls

Executive Director

206-695-2607

bikeworks.org

Building sustainable communities by educating youth and promoting bicycling