[TheThinkTank] Light giveaway structure

Ariel C ariel.climer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:33:13 PDT 2016

We have received lights from our local bicycle coalition. We do it by
looking ourselves to see if someone has lights on their bike and if we
notice that they don't, we offer them discreetly. The bicycle coalition has
them fill out a survey to help see who needs lights most often in the city.
The person must fill out the survey to get the lights. The light giveaways
take place from November to January.

You can always email colin at la-bike.org to ask about how LA does their
operation firefly. They give away something like 1000 pairs or maybe even
more each year. They get sponsorships from a local movie theater chain that
helps buy the lights.
-Ariel
(Los Angeles)