[TheThinkTank] need examples of expected shop behavior policies

Jen Roberton jenrobs82 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:41:46 PST 2016

Hey Jim,

At the Bike Co-op and Kitchen we have implemented a safer space policy that
directly addresses how to negotiate serving the needs of various users of
our space. We assign the obligation to intervene when a problematic
situation occurs to our coordinators and managers. Our conflict resolution
process involves a 'three strike' system with conversations with the person
involved and the potential to ban them for a year. We also have zero
tolerance offenses (e.g. physical and/or sexual violence) where we eject
and ban the person enacting that behaviour immediately.

Our policy is attached for further information.

Would love to hear about how other places are doing this work.

Best,
Jen