[TheThinkTank] Any Experience With Getting Bicycles/Bicycle Repair to Folks in Haiti?

Jimmy Hallyburton jimmy at boisebicycleproject.org
Fri Sep 8 12:26:26 PDT 2017

Just wanted to check in to see if any of you have worked with any bicycle
projects/programs in Haiti?

I'm heading down in November to teach some housing construction and bicycle
repair classes and am curious what sort of bicycle resources might be
available in the community?

Is there a local source for affordable bicycles and parts?

Are there organizations currently shipping bicycles to Haiti?

How accessible is bicycle repair in cities and rural areas?

Have there been any attempts to assist with DIY community bicycle shops?

I'll be bringing a bicycle to ride around on as well as some toolsets to
leave behind with class participants. I haven't been able to find a lot of
information about the bicycle community in Haiti and would love hear any
thoughts, ideas, or insights.

Ride On!

Jimmy Hallyburton
Founder / Executive Director
Boise Bicycle Project
(208)-429-6520
1027 Lusk St Boise, ID 83706
www.boisebicycleproject.org

Explore some of the BBP Journey in my TEDx Talk on Moving at the Speed of
Discovery <https://youtu.be/yDubr-RjlCE?t=6s>!