[TheThinkTank] Choosing Leaders

Robert Grossman rob at robertgrossmandesign.com
Tue Sep 19 10:36:34 PDT 2017

Josh,

A couple lessons learned from electing leaders at MoBo/Village Green were
to check how many other commitments they had.  There were a couple of
people who stepped up for leadership roles that were involved with so many
other activities that they seriously failed in the ones they committed to
for us.

We also found that we had more leadership positions than people willing to
take on those roles.  That forced us to decide what was critical and what
wasn't.  We had to look at Outreach, PR, etc. and decide if they was core,
did they enable or enhance our Mission and Vision.  With limited leaders we
then focused our energies on the core and what enabled it.