[TheThinkTank] Incentivizing regular shifts in volunteer run shops!

Sarah FioRito sarah.fiorito at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 14:18:45 PDT 2018

Hey Folks!

We at Kickstand community Bike Shop in East Vancouver  have had ongoing
challenges with staying open for all our our regular shop hours because we
sometimes do not have enough volunteers signed up to volunteer to
facilitate our volunteer-run  shop on a given day.

Does anyone have strategies for encouraging volunteer commitment and
regular shifts so that we can reliably open for our posted hours?

Obviously, transitioning to having paid staff is one pathway, though there
are probably many other alternatives that would meet our needs and
encourage community participation in keeping the space open.

Sarah