[TheThinkTank] City 'backed' co-ops

Cyclista Nicholas cyclista at inventati.org
Thu Aug 30 11:45:25 PDT 2018

Recycle Ithaca's Bicycles is kind of sponsored by our city - by proxy.
Our parent organization, though independent, is substantially funded by
the city (among other sources).

RIBs isn't a co-op, though. Our history and community has a lot of
background with cooperative structure and mutual aid, but we have a
hierarchical structure planned for the foreseeable future.

Our city also has a infrastructure advocacy organization, and a bike
share, so your situation and ours may be similar.

-cyclista Nicholas