[TheThinkTank] extra bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help!!!!!

Jack Murphy jack at bikewalkwichita.org
Sat Dec 1 15:02:59 PST 2018

We've been taking extra bikes to our city's weekly auction. We don't get
much for each bike have been raising anywhere from $40-$70 a week on bikes
we wouldn't be using in ReCycle. Slow process, but I can now see some empty
floor in our shop! Used bikes are a never ending supply.
Jack Murphy
Jack at BikeWalkWichita.org

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 1:41 PM breathingplanet <breathingplanet at gmail.com>
wrote:

> hi all,
> Ive been mostly a lurker on this list in the past few years.    but
> chiming in now because Troy Bike Rescue needs to unload a bunch of stock,
> and we hope the ThinkTank can help!
>
> This is a deep storage collection that has gone through several culls over
> the years, so there is not much in there that should be scrapped. We are at
> a point now where we are not able to penetrate the backlog because of
> limited volunteers and hours, and a continual income of donations..... it
> is cramping our style - literally.
>
> We are located in Troy, NY about 3 hours from Montreal and NYC and 4 hours
> from Boston, and Philly....   We want to give between 50 and 100 bikes to a
> good home where they will be refurbished and used.  We would consider
> splitting the cost of a Uhaul or something if someone is  interested.  We
> are very open to suggestions of how to redistribute these.   We want to
> help fledgling projects, but if a capitalist outfit can use them, we could
> work with that too.   If an oversees distro project could use them, thats
> cool too.  Just dont want to scrap them if at all possible, and we need to
> figure this out.
>
> Whadda Yall think(tank)??  Thanks for any feedback.
>
> PS.  we also have a million wheels too.  all aluminum (most steel has been
> culled).
>

> --
> Andrew Lynn
> Certified Arborist
> Magai Arboriculture
> 518-573-7947

Jack Murphy
Jack at BikeWalkWichita.org

*Bike Walk Wichita’s Mission is to transform Wichita into a more livable,
accessible, *
*connected city **by making biking and walking safe, equitable, and
appealing.*