[TheThinkTank] policy for reflectors?

David Oliver nowhere3 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 17:52:22 PDT 2018

At Bikechain every bike that we sell comes with lights and the required by
Ontario law reflective tape on the front fork/rear chainstays. It's more to
do with making sure people are safe than anything to do with some sort of
liability, there is no requirement in Ontario that bikes sold have to come
with any sort of reflectors/lights just that the bikes on the road have to
have them.

I would check with the relevant laws in your area as to what is required on
a bike being sold. The other consideration is that lights/reflective tape
add to the price of the bike so just be aware of that.

As for just bikes coming in to be worked on, I've never heard of a shop
requiring bikes to have all of the legally required reflectors/lights to be
repaired. Either at a bike co-op or a regular bike shop.