[TheThinkTank] Hands-Off Assisting & Safer Space

Audrey Wiedemeier audrey at bikelibrary.org
Thu Aug 1 13:16:52 PDT 2019

Greetings All,

We've compiled knowledge from various community bike shops including our
own for administering empowering guidance in bike repair and care to each
other, patrons, and community. We've also been working on our Safer Space
Policy. I wanted to share these with you in the case that you can use them
or share your thoughts on what you might edit or add. Thank you for all
your efforts in continuing and evolving these conversations.

Hands-Off Assisting Approach
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EsAFWq-hl8TZxBLRTkVcgVC2Tt6K6bU2NMSzm2lFQcc/edit?usp=sharing>

Safer Space Policy Short Version
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s6gNC3BDk-CVwTsw6t1u7GlrsIRoG6tFYSLPGKF8rgY/edit?usp=sharing>

Safer Space Policy Long Version
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mkrjeY9lzuf7k2odEk2-ihMWojT72y5L2gQNXIpNN04/edit?usp=sharing>

Peace & grease,

*Audrey Wiedemeier* (She/her/hers)
Iowa City Bike Library, Director

700 S. Dubuque St, Iowa City
*Hours: *Sat. 10-3, Mon. 5-7, Tues. 6-8,
Wed. 6-8, Thurs. 6-8, Fri. 4:30-6:30

BikeLibrary.org
C: (515) 450-1651