[TheThinkTank] Youth Bike Programs and Insurance Policies

Audrey Wiedemeier audrey at bikelibrary.org
Thu Aug 8 12:03:40 PDT 2019

Hello All:

We here at the Bike Library are very interested in getting a teen program
started. We have identified five young adults that have been knocking on
the door, and have agreed to help get a youth program off the ground.

What insurance do you have? (We are with WestBend and they don't allow
anyone under the age of 18 to volunteer).
Do you have language that supports the youth program that you use for your
insurance?
Do you require background checks when working with minors?

Any information you have on starting a teen bike program would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks much, y'all.

Peace & grease,

*Audrey Wiedemeier* (She/her/hers)
Iowa City Bike Library, Director

700 S. Dubuque St, Iowa City
*Hours: *Sat. 10-3, Mon. 5-7, Tues. 6-8,
Wed. 6-8, Thurs. 6-8, Fri. 4:30-6:30

BikeLibrary.org
C: (515) 450-1651