[TheThinkTank] Pedal powered machine designs?

A Westphal atwestphal96 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 19:34:29 PST 2019

Hello Carlyn,

Dong Ngo's Cycling Pals has a bike blender.  We bring it to elementary
schools when we do Saturday-morning bike events.  The events include
repairs, safety / skills course, and healthy snacks including fruit /
veggie smoothies from the blender.  It's based on a small-to-medium-frame
MTB, so most of the bigger kids (who are more likely to develop enough
power) can run the blender.  The kids (and parents) love to blend their own
smoothies, and it's a great part of the events.

I've never dealt with other bike blenders, but it seems like they are
fairly common and not too difficult to make!

Andrew