[TheThinkTank] Transition to trusted volunteer

Dennis Wollersheim dewoller at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 14:55:26 PST 2019

our organisation is having difficulty cultivating trusted volunteers.

Our mission and circumstances is very appealling, so we attract many new
volunteers, but we have a dearth of people transitioning to trusted
volunteer status.

Also, the allure of personal gain trends to attract problematic,
opportunistic types, to the leadership position,although this may be a
peculiarly Australian problem given our convict/colonist background.

I understand that not everyone takes up the vocation, it is a choice with
what one does with their spare time.

What are the circumstances / structure that your organisation has to
support your lead volunteers?

On a personal note, what prompted to to take up the mantle of leadership?
What keeps you doing it?

Thanks
Dennis