[TheThinkTank] Volunteers

Kickstand kickstandbikes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 13:02:45 PST 2019

Hi Judith,

We only have three categories of volunteers - regular, key holders, and
committee. It is possible to be all three at the same time. Regular
volunteers take on many roles in the shop - customer support, greeter,
mechanical adviser, and task support.  They also help out for events, can
organize their own events and initiatives if they can get support, and are
invited to take on additional roles if they wish.  Keyholders can open the
shop (both during shop hours, and any time the shop isn't otherwise in use
for personal/volunteer use) and act as the person-in-charge during open
hours.  Committee members help govern the shop, and some roles have very
specific task (i.e., workshop coordinator, inventory manager).

All active (at least 2 shifts per 2 week period) volunteers get used parts
50%, new parts at cost +10%, and are eligible to build a bike ($200 value)
after volunteering 40 hours. Keyholders additionally are eligible for $15
shop credit per shift (and of course, get the privilege of being able to
use the shop during off-hours).

Alysia

*Kickstand Community Bikes*
1739 Venables Street, Vancouver, BC, V5L 2H3
<https://goo.gl/maps/5HK3GtdanMv>
Entrance on the north side of the building.
*Hours of Operation*
M • W • F: 5pm to 9pm
Sunday: 1pm to 5pm
WGQT Night: 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month, 6:30-8:30pm

kickstandbikes at gmail.com
eastvankickstand.org

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Eastvan.Kickstand> • Twitter
<https://twitter.com/kickstandbikes> • Instagram