[TheThinkTank] Example of Nonprofit + Commercial Shop Synergy?

Alysia Herr alysiaherr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 14:34:52 PST 2019

We've got some friendly shops in Vancouver!  Sidesaddle really stands
out. They have run fundraisers on our behalf, regularly donate nice parts,
and have even written a QBP community grant for us. It helps that a few of
their mechanics volunteer with us, but they're also just a great group of
folks that - surprise - don't see us as a threat to their business (we
aren't). Probably helps that we don't do work orders.

Our relationship is more commensal than mutualistic, but we certainly do
regularly send folks their way.

Alysia