[TheThinkTank] Dividing Paid vs Volunteer Labor

Jack Murphy jack at bikewalkwichita.org
Wed Sep 25 05:06:07 PDT 2019

We got a small grant that allowed us to pay a volunteer coordinator 15 hrs/week. That position (me) has allowed us to improve the backbone of the organization,  as I do a lot of behind the scenes work including managing data, website, operations, etc. After the year the grant paid for  we continue to pay out of general funds. We recently got another grant to hire a part time shop lead, that's allowed us to pursue outreach to different groups, as well as open Friday afternoons.

⁣Jack Murphy​
Bike Walk Wichita