[TheThinkTank] Examples of free-standing bike storage

Andrew Yee andrew at bikex.org
Thu Jan 2 22:48:32 PST 2020

David,

The Silicon Valley Bicycle Exchange built a number of freestanding bike
racks from wood. They're not much different than the average rack you see
by a school, but are two-sided so can hold about 16 bikes or so if you
alternate front and rear wheels. Obviously you could determine the length.

If you're interested in learning more, I can snap some pics next time I'm
down there, and measure the lumber used.

Cheers,