[TheThinkTank] Whole Sale Accounts - JBI

Stephen Andruski swandruski at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 04:51:01 PST 2020

The Rockville Bike Hub in Rockville MD has a JBI account. Our treasurer set
this up, so I don't know all the details, but one of the concerns they had
was  that we make a commitment to sell any parts at normal market prices.
They were concerned about non-profit shops selling things below commercial
shops and making it difficult for those shops to (JBI's other customers) to
compete. I don't recall whether they needed a formal signed agreement to
that effect or not.

We don't sell parts to a significant extent right now. Most of the stuff we
buy goes into fixing bikes for various programs. Also, we want to maintain
the positive relationship we have with area shops, so this seemed like a
reasonable thing to do. Of course, on a case by case basis, you could
decide to help a client out, but large-scale undercutting of commercial
shops is a bad idea.

Steve Andruski