[TheThinkTank] Color Coding Bike parts

eric at bikeerie.org eric at bikeerie.org
Tue Jan 21 12:03:18 PST 2020

Mike,

Good timing for your question. A few years ago, we were given these bins by a local hospital that was replacing them with adjustable shelves. So that was a great help for our parts organization. But there are troubles with stocking the parts in the correct bin.

There is a great need to have a system that will make things easier to restock and find the correct part. We started yesterday with dumping them out and cleaning the bins inside and out.  We also scrapped off all of the former labels on the front of the bins.

We are thinking about labels with a basic description and an image on a sticky label or maybe just paper with packing tape over the top.

Thanks for bring this up,
Eric
Pedal Mettle Erie