[TheThinkTank] Volunteer Management Trends and Insights from the Safe Shop Operations Workshop
rgrossman7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 08:36:28 PDT 2020
Here are some more of the trends and insights around volunteer management
from the Safe and Effective Shop Operations Workshop.
- Trend: Shops are managing volunteers through digital platforms
- Examples: CSI, Mailchimp, Zoom
- Insight: Technology gap will cut off key volunteers
- Insight: Shops not embracing digital tools will have more work cut out
- Trend: There are fewer volunteers who are comfortable coming into the
shops to help
- Insight: Shops who operate indoors are a health hazard to volunteers
- Insight: Leadership who are doing all the communication and setting up
digital tools for volunteers are not using their time effectively.
*New Ways of Working*
- Trend: Shops are limiting volunteers in their shops
- Examples: Some shops are keeping their volunteers outdoors to
guide traffic or do repairs
- Insight: Social distanced volunteers inside shops are a health risk
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Thethinktank