[TheThinkTank] Capacity for Providing Services Trends & Insights from Safe Shop Operations Workshop
rgrossman7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 15:14:41 PDT 2020
Here are some of the trends and insights around Capacity for Providing
Services from the Safe and Effective Shop Operations Workshop.
*CAPACITY FOR PROVIDING SERVICES*
- Trend: Shops are facing an increased need from their communities while
facing major internal challenges to be able to safely help
- Examples: Not all volunteers have access to digital resources,
airflow, and more people moving to bicycles transportation alternative
- Insight: An inaccessible resource is not a resource
- Trend: Shops are moving services online
- Examples: Online stores, repair videos, volunteer management
Systems, and Zoom calls for repair help
- Insight: Moving to digital excludes community members
*Possible New Ways of Working*
- Trend: Shops are being more structured about who is in the shop and
- Examples: Not allowing members with at-risk family, alternate
hours shifts, limiting time spent in shop, and having customers wait outside
- Trend: Shops are limiting their capacity for work to reduce
- Examples: Reduced hours, reduced amount of stations, elimination
of drop-in hours
- Insight: Shop staff are becoming pods
Hope this can help your organizations consider how they are operating and
in making decisions.
Hang in there.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Thethinktank