[TheThinkTank] Trends and Insights from the Safe & Effective Operations Workshop

BICAS bicas at bicas.org
Wed Jul 15 19:17:51 PDT 2020

Thanks for organizing the workshop, it was nice to chat with folks from
other places and hear so many clever and thoughtful ideas. Here at BICAS we
were fortunate to have a personal connection with a public health
scientist. She told us all kinds of great stuff, but one of the best pieces
of advice she gave us was to go back to the OSHA "Hierarchy of Controls."
This is a tool that is meant to be used for all sorts of workplace risk
management scenarios, but in this context she recommended using it to
assess our current practices and areas of possible improvement for COVID. I
put some links and our graphic below in case anyone finds them helpful!
Sincerely,
~Carlyn
  --

*Carlyn Arteaga*

*pronouns: they/them/theirs*

Youth Program Coordinator

*BICAS*

2001 N. 7th Ave. | Tucson, AZ 85701 | Shop: 520-628-7950

carlyn.arteaga at bicas.org | www.bicas.org | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/bicascollective/> | Instagram
<http://www.instagram.com/bicastucson/>

*Through advocacy and bicycle salvage, our mission is to participate in
affordable bicycle transportation, education, and creative recycling with
our greater Tucson community.*
Using the Hierarchy of Controls to Reduce Exposure to COVID-19
<https://www.theabdteam.com/blog/using-the-hierarchy-of-controls-to-reduce-exposure-to-covid-19/>

Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID19
<https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf>