[TheThinkTank] Ghost Bike in Vancouver - looking for help

Ari Ng arielk555 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:26:52 PDT 2020

Heya,

My condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss Gabrielle.

Thanks for reaching out Johanna.
Not sure how much I can do, but I'd be happy to help out.
It was a whole team of very talented people that worked on our fellow
volunteer, Mike's white bike, I just mostly coordinated.

We still have a spray can in the Kickstand office, since I was there last.
Yours, if you need it, I don't think anyone would mind.  We used Krylon
flat white.  It took us 3 1/4 cans to cover a 54cm road bike (road bikes
were Mike's prefered ride), 3 coats and 2 cans of krylon clear coat on
top.

I don't know if this is useful at all, but for anti-theft purposes, we
removed all of the main bearings, bolted the wheels down, seized the
freewheel, used solid non-numatic white tires, took out the clipless rails
on the spd pedals and made a very official memorial plaque for the main
triangle with a QR code, that goes to a webpage dedicated to Mike.

Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions.

-Ari
Vancouver Community Bikeshop Network.